I don’t know about you but my favorite holiday is the New Year! There’s something so special about it because it makes me feel like I get a re-set button to do better and be better. With that notion, as well as my passion for elevating women’s lives I knew I had to host a mastermind event for women with this new turn of a decade. If you missed our in-person event that’s okay, I want to give you the highlights from our event so it’s like you were basically there!
We hosted our first event of the year in partnership with our
Gold Sponsor Associated Vintners
Associated Vintners is an elite company of curated wines that provides one of the only tasting rooms here in Seattle, WA! If you’re in the area, definitely stop in for a look-see to one of the cutest tasting rooms I’ve seen yet! They provided mimosas, delicious bites from Ballard Market and some fun swag. We could not have done it without their help so a heartfelt thank you to Tom the Tasting Room Manager, Sabrina and everyone else at AV!
In addition, this event would not have been possible with our other sponsors as well so a huge thank you to:
The Power of Gratitude
Our event started out by thanking 2019 and letting it go so that we can make room for more abundance and possibilities to come for 2020. Research shows that there are a lot of benefits to gratitude. According to Morin (2014) Gratitude can
- “Help you make friends. One study found that thanking a new acquaintance makes them more likely to seek a more lasting relationship with you.
- Improve your physical health. People who exhibit gratitude report fewer aches and pains, a general feeling of health, more regular exercise, and more frequent checkups with their doctor than those who don’t.
- Improve your psychological health. Grateful people enjoy higher well-being and happiness and suffer from reduced symptoms of depression.
- Enhance empathy and reduces aggression. Those who show their gratitude are less likely to seek revenge against others and more likely to behave in a prosocial manner, with sensitivity and empathy.
- Improve your sleep. Practicing gratitude regularly can help you sleep longer and better.
- Enhance your self-esteem. People who are grateful have increased self-esteem, partly due to their ability to appreciate other peoples’ accomplishments.
- Increase in mental strength. Grateful people have an advantage in overcoming trauma and enhanced resilience, helping them to bounce back from highly stressful situations.” (Morin, 2014).
Some practices that can help enhance your gratitude muscles can include a gratitude journal and writing down 3 bests from the day. I’ve done this practice, especially in times of difficulty and it has helped me to see the glass half full versus half empty. It has truly helped me to get out of mental ruts, so I would highly recommend this practice as it is definitely my biggest go-to!
Let’s talk about Meditation
In addition, to gratitude we spoke on the idea of meditation and discussed the differences as well as benefits. Many people believe that meditation is challenging because you must quiet the mind. For me personally though, I welcome that in my own meditations because I see value and power in the visualizations I get from them.
There are two types of meditations, the first is mindfulness meditation and the second is moving meditation.
Mindfulness meditation is what you think of when you think of meditation. Where you are sitting still, focusing on your breathing and being mindful of your body, noises and quieting your mind to nothingness so that you are fully present with what is happening right now.
Moving meditation is exactly what you think it is, it’s being able to move your body rhythmically so that you can be in tune with your body and your thoughts. Activities such as yoga, Tai Chi or running can promote this type of meditation.
Regardless of what you end up trying out, do what feels best for you. Some people tell me that optimal meditation takes from 10-20 minutes. For me, I think that is a very long time. I have seen results from just 2-5 minutes of meditation! During my mindfulness meditation, visualizations came to me where I saw hosting this exact event in addition to teaching. Because of that meditation and visualization, it gave me the direction to host our first event and begin teaching as Adjunct Faculty at a local University in their Bachelor’s in Nursing Program! So I’m truly living the benefits of meditation and I know you can too. The one thing I do want to mention is even if you don’t do it on the regular, there are still benefits to be reaped.
- More Relaxed and at peace
- More awake, alert and aware
- Become more purposeful in action
- Improves mental and physical health
- Lowers blood pressure
- Decreases pain
- Improves immune system to fight against illnesses
- Improves mood and brain function (Watson, Fraser, Ballas, n.d.)
The last piece we touched on is goal setting which I had my amazing husband Hoan Do facilitate! He is an inspirational speak, author and was on NBC’s hit show American Ninja Warrior! I couldn’t think of anyone more perfect to facilitate this portion of our mastermind. He has an incredibly short and sweet, and might I add, super easy way of remembering how to goal set and he calls it GPS!
What does GPS Stand for?
G – Specific GOAL – your goal needs to be specific in nature. Does it have a deadline? Are there specific measurable parts to your goal?
P – Meaningful PURPOSE – you have to get super emotional about your goal. How would it make you feel if you achieved this goal? And think about that when you reference back to the goal.
S – Multiple STRATEGIES – There has to be multiple ways in which you can achieve your goal. If one way doesn’t work, don’t stop there, try something else.
So there you have it guys! Those were the highlights from our event. We are in the works to planning our second event so stay tuned for more details. It will be in the second quarter, probably around April or May! But until then, I hope that you continue to live out your best lives this year. 2020 is going to be so good, I can feel it in my bones baby!
I just went on my 3rd Royal Caribbean cruise on Harmony of the Seas to the Eastern Caribbean, which is currently one of the largest ships of their fleet built in 2016 and boy was it a treat! My family and I absolutely LOVE their cruises and would highly recommend it to anyone, and everyone! They have so many activities catered to the entire family, from little ones all the way to our seniors, I promise you’ll find an activity for everyone to do.
I wanted to cover some of the highlights of our cruise and hope you’ll find value for YOUR upcoming cruise!
First off, one of the reasons why I love cruising so much is because I feel it is pretty cost-effective. The price of the cruise provides room and board, in addition to activities throughout the ship such as rock climbing, mini golf, workout sessions, broadway type shows, etc. (depending on the cruise ship).
The reason why I love cruising on the Oasis class of Royal Caribbean ships is that you feel you’re apart of something big because you actually are! They continue to create the largest passenger cruise line ships in the entire world and offer some pretty renowned features such as zip lining, flow-riding, aqua theaters at sea just to name a few. Harmony of the Seas was debuted in 2016. Since then, Symphony of the Seas was released and they plan to be done with Wonder of the Seas in spring of 2021 that will provide bumper cars, sky diving and laser tag all at sea!
Review of Harmony of the Seas
Currently, there are four cruise ships in the Oasis class and I’ve only been on Allure of the Seas and Harmony of the Seas. As far as layout goes, I feel they are extremely similar with Royal Promenades, Central Parks, Boardwalks, etc. which I thought was both familiar and helpful. Because one, you have an idea of where everything is but yet on the flip side it was easy to find everything.
I thought food on Allure of the Seas was so much better than Harmony of the Seas but it could be that my appetite isn’t as great as it used to be. My favorite dinner night obviously was the lobster tail night! Our waiter was so kind and brought us extra. Thanks George!
Things to do on Board
There are sooo many things to do on board. And now that they came out with their nifty Royal Caribbean app. It’s easy to check and see what sort of activities are currently going on. Plus because you’re at sea, there’s unfortunately no data. However you can easily contact all your friends and family through their app in the messaging section which is awesome! Before they came out with it, we’d always think like, “oh man, we should have invested in some walkie talkies.” but now because of their app, no need for that anymore.
- Eat at Windjammer
- Go Rock climbing
- Drink and hang out at the Bionic Bar
- Go to a broadway type show (Grease, etc.)
- Play BINGO
- Play at your chance at the slots
- Play basketball
- Play ping pong
- Work out or have a mini yoga session
- Play mini golf
- Make you own ice cream cone
- Go shopping on the promenade
- Hang out on the boardwalk
- Slide down the Ultimate Abyss – tallest waterslide at sea
- Watch people on the Flowrider
- Go zip lining
- Watch a movie
- Go to a pamper party hosted by the spa
- Participate in poolside activities
- Get late night pizza at Sorrento’s
- Learn how to play poker at Casino Royale
- Go ice skating
- Get room service
- Attend a cupcake decorating class
- Escape the Rubicon which is an escape room
- Learn how to salsa
- Do Karaoke
- Listen to live music in Central Park
- Watch kiddos on the Merry Go Round
- Go for a ride and a drink on the Rising Tide Bar
- Participate in a game show
- Watch an aquatic show (my favorite!)
- Relax in the adults only solarium
- Go to a comedy show
- Play a game of trivia
- Watch an ice skating show
- Get dolled up for formal night at dinner
- Relax by the pool
- Get your feet and balance analyzed by specialists
- Get a massage at the spa
- Get a tour of the ship
- Attend a sushi making class
- Head to a champagne party
- Attend an art auction
- Go to a wine tasting
- Get your scuba certification
- Check out an art auction
- Be apart of a parade on the promenade
- Eat at one of their noteworthy restaurants
- And if you get exhausted, take a nap in your stateroom!
The best part about Royal Caribbean is that you can have as busy of a cruise with fun-filled activities or as chill of a cruise with poolside wading. Regardless of what you end up doing on board I know you’ll have a blast! The easiest way to figure out what’s going on, onboard like I mentioned earlier is to download the Royal Caribbean app which allows you to message your friends and family to coordinate plans as well. My biggest tip though, is to just soak it all in because 7 days go by really fast! Regardless of what you end up doing on baord, I know Royal Caribbean will show you a good time. I hope you have a great cruise and let me know what your thoughts are and what activity you’d be excited for most on board in the comments below!
Sky View Sunset VIP Experience
Hoan and I had dinner at Sky View Observatory last night as part of their Sunset VIP Experience and per usual we had a blast! This dinner was definitely much different from other events we’ve attended as this one was a lot more relaxed and intimate, which I was all about!
We started our evening walking around, taking in the views and stopped by the Connect Four games where Hoan beats me to it again! I don’t understand why I can never beat him in these games, it drives me crazy! Regardless, I love spending quality time together in such a beautiful scape and being able to sip on wine and play Connect Four together was such a huge bonus.
We got a corner high top table that overlooks the puget sound, the Seattle Great Wheel and Lake Union. It still boggles me that I actually live in Washington and honestly the longer I live here the more I really appreciate this place. Being able to see Seattle in all its’ glory at 73 floors above at Sky View really brings back the retrospection and appreciation for this stunning city.
The VIP Experience provides all-you-can-eat flatbreads. It comes with 3 choices; the margarita, honey pig (salami, prosciutto, black pepper, hot honey and basil) or the little green man (goat cheese, pesto with roasted portobella mushrooms). We opted to try all three but will have to say that the honey pig was by far our favorite! It’s the perfect mix between sweet and savory.
You can choose from a variety of drinks from beer, wine and sodas. I got the white wine while Hoan got the chardonnay. And let me tell you, it was the most divine evening taking in the views even if it was a little bit cloudy. Our waitress was superb! She checked up on us frequently and ensured we had enough to eat and drink for our entire evening.
We would highly recommend the Sky View Sunset VIP Experience at Sky View Observatory if you’re looking for something different for date night. We value novelty and are constantly trying to find new and different ways to experience Seattle and our date nights together.
I often try to find a place that has stunning views of the city but can also offer other things. I love that this experience allows you all-you-can-eat flatbreads + drinks, beautiful scapes, and other things to do outside of just eating. You can walk around, read up on fun facts about Seattle, etc., and even play Connect Four! The experience is very intimate as it wasn’t too busy, and you get your own window side table to sit and take in all the views from the tallest public view in the Pacific NorthWest!
Tickets can be purchased here.
- Observatory admission for two adults; single Youth tickets available as add on
- 2-hour window-side table reservation
- All-you-can-eat shareable flatbreads (Margherita, Goat Cheese & Pesto, and Honey Pig)
- House Beer and wine, Prosecco, coffee and soda
- Prices inclusive of all taxes and service charges. Must be 21+ to purchase Adult Tickets; Adult purchase required for Youth Ticket.
- ID required at time of entry
- Upon arrival, please check in with box office as Sunset VIP Package holder prior to entry to observatory
If you have any questions feel free to comment below! 🙂
Until then, enjoy your beautiful sunsets