Category: The Best You, Self Acceptance, Spread the Movement
I honestly can’t recall the last time I felt so on top of the world and boy, is it exhilarating.
These past few months have been a huge challenge for me because when you numb one aspect of your life, you can’t help but numb everything. Nothing elicited strong negative or even positive emotions within me, and that in itself is frustrating. You feel lifeless, trapped and the worst thing is: you feel as though it is completely out of your control.
Re-sensitizing my life has been a process within itself. We can’t expect to just wake up one morning and start feeling again. What I learned through the process is: it not only takes commitment but conscious effort in wanting to be you again. if you’re struggling, these are a few things I did and am still practicing daily to help me feel truly alive again.
- Stop focusing on the Negatives – as humans, we naturally focus on our opportunities for growth but take a moment and forget about that and realize how good you’ve got it despite those disadvantages.
- Be grateful – being thankful for all the things in your life really puts life into perspective. moreover it somehow transforms those significant problems into minor issues (for the moment anyway)
- ie. Write down one thing you are most grateful for that day
- Dedicate some Time in your day to Do the things you Love – whether it be blogging, reading, working out, etc. carve out a little chunk of your schedule and do just that!
- Create Goals and Action Plans – we feel better when we are productive and can quantify the results. figure out what you want (specific goal) and ways in which you can achieve them (step by step action plan to achieve it).
- Pray – when you have faith that God has your back, all of a sudden, you start feeling like David who manages to beat Goliath with his rocks and pebbles. I know not all of us are religious but, have faith that things happen for a reason because everything has a way of working themselves out.
My life is far from perfect but regardless of those minor imperfections, I am so grateful to be alive and I know I am exactly where I need to be. We are all fighting our own battles but I think we need to start caring and supporting one another because we are beYOUtiful sisters.