This year is nothing like any of us had imagined for 2020, but even so here we are. I know for me, I had set some lofty business and personal goals that were intimidating AF! I would be lying if I said I was close to achieving anything on my list. However, that’s the reason why we have check in’s, to realign with our goals. So I want to know how you’re doing with your 2020 goals! I want to share 5 tips to checking in with your goals mid year to stay on track to achieving them by December.
1. Review your goals
Find the list of your 2020 goals. Did you post it up on your wall or your vision board? Or is it collecting dust in an old drawer or lost in your notes? Regardless of where it is, find it and read through it.
2. Check in with your emotional state
Check in with your emotional state as you review your goals. It’s really important to be in tune with your emotions as you read through your list. Embrace those emotions because they’re trying to tell you something.
3. Reflect on why you feel the way you do
Are you feeling proud or nervous as you read your list? Are you wincing in embarrassment or gleaming with pride? Do some of these goals feel foreign to you? Have you worked towards achieving any of these goals and if you haven’y why not?
4. Re-evaluate your goals
When you reconsider changing your goals, consider why and how. Consider the feelings you noticed during your reflection and see how you can include these emotions to get your more excited about achieving them.
5. Revise and realign your goals and your plan of action
As you review your goals, are there some that need to be adjusted? Or do you need to change the course of action so you can better achieve what you want? Create smaller goals within your big goal so you can celebrate along the way.
Regardless of where you are in achieving what you want, you’re exactly where you’re supposed to be. Be kind to yourself when practicing this mid-year check in, I know I had to be. Cheers to the rest of 2020 and realigning to our best selves beauty!
I am a person who loves spontaneity. I love variety and space to do whatever we feel that day, I’ve lived that way for years! And at the core of who I am, space for variety is a place my soul loves to be. However, being intentional has led to some of the most productive times of my life. More importantly, living intentionally has manifested the life I’m living today.
Ever since the beginning of college, I knew that I wanted to teach nursing. I knew I was going to marry some Asian Christian guy and impact women on a large scale. That’s a whole different blog post but how did I manifest everything I wanted, I decided to be intentional.
Like I said, living intentionally doesn’t necessarily come as second nature for me but because I’ve seen the fruit of its’ labor I know it works. Here are 5 steps to start living intentionally.
- Know what you want – It’s really important to figure out what it is that you want out of life. Ask yourself these questions: What would an ideal life look like for you? What would your idea career be? What would you be doing in your pastime? Where would I live? Who would I spend my time with? Now if these questions are challenging to answer, that’s okay, you can start with what you don’t want, and that can lead you into the right direction.
- Write it down – Once you know what you want. Write that ish down! There’s magic in writing things down. Research shows we’re more likely to achieve something when we write it down. In fact we’re 42% more likely to achieve our goals that way.
- Share it with an accountability partner – There’s power in our words both written down and vocalized. Find someone to tell who can keep you accountable or who can breathe life into you when you’re overcome with doubt. I often times share my goals with my husband, my best friend and my business accountability partner.
- Schedule time to work toward it – This comes down to our daily habits and what we do with our schedule. When you go to bed at night or early in the am when you’re looking at your day. Plan out when you’re actually going to work towards x goal. Find time to put the work in.
- Allow yourself to feel the fear – Short and long term goals can be exceptionally intimidating. I’m apart of a mastermind and we wrote down our short and long term goals in a document and it was SO SCARY seeing my goals written down. Some of these goals, I had only thought about or only vocalized to my closeset people. However, I want you to know that it is a VERY good sign when you’re feeling nervous or scared. It means you’re leveling up, growing and getting closer to manifesting what you want.
- Celebrate the small wins – When we have lofty goals, it can often feel intimidating and so far away from present life. However, I want you to break it up so it can be more easily attainable and digestable. Now when you achieve something small, you make sure to celebrate that WIN. You want to continue to cultivate that emotion so you can continue to attract more of that exact feeling.
Living intentionally takes practice but all so worth it. Even if it isn’t every day that you’re practicing it, that’s okay too because the small things will slowly add up and be exponentially rewarding over time. So cheers to living more intentionally and manifesting all that is already ours! Cheers beauty
Life can be challenging, especially when we have so many things going on that need our time and attention. I’ve been there, it’s like we always have these great ideas to kickstart our days but I’ll be honest I don’t always practice them. Like pray every morning, meditate, visualize, or set an intention for the day. What I do know is that when I do these things, it always makes me feel so much better. The one thing that has made a huge impact for me is choosing a card from my daily intention cards deck!
Out of all the things I do in the am, choosing my intention word has been an absolute game changer!
How I decided to create my own Intention Cards
I was first introduced to the idea when I went to Gwen’s Spark Summit last year and knew it was something I wanted to implement in my daily routine. The idea sparked my memory and remembered that my husband had brought home a similar deck of cards from a conference I attended. So when I got home, I whipped those cards out and started using them daily.
While I knew the design wasn’t exactly what I wanted, I looked on Etsy and Amazon to see if I could find anything that would really speak to me but I couldn’t, so I decided to create my own! I literally worked day in and out for 2 days straight to curate the perfect list of 52 inspiring words. Went to Office Depot to get a mock up deck and have been using them ever since!
How To use these Intention Cards
There are plenty of different ways to use them in your daily life but here’s what I do:
- Pause and Pray -I meditate on what this day will bring. I pray that God will continue to use me as his instrument for good in this world. And remind myself that this word will positively impact my life.
- Choose a card – I spread out the deck of cards and choose one that speaks to me. Whether it’s one that is really blatantly obvious or one that is tucked under a few other cards.
- Meditate on what this word means – Once I’ve chosen the word, I read the short description and consider how this word can show up in my life today or how it already has.
- Journal – I quickly jot down how this word can show up in my life today and how I can be intentional about allowing it to work in my life.
I can’t wait to be able to share these cards with you! Stay tuned for the PDF download as well as the actual PHYSICAL deck! Let me know if you have any questions or recommendations on how we can make them even better! I know these will be a game changer for you as it has been for me! Until we chat again…